Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Morning Inspiration

How are you liking all this inspiration?  Isn't it fun?!?! 

These paints are truly amazing and there is so much you can do with them!

So I had off last week and found myself in my room daydreaming and having fun with these paints!


 First up is a cute candy corn treat box I made!  I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the cardstock and then used CI Paints Fairy Dust, Mango and Mellow Yellow to alter few of the embossed parts to add some shimmer.  I personally think without the shimmer it was kind of dull! Here is a tutorial to make your own.


 I bought some paper mache letters for my little girl's room and used scrap pieces of paper to cover them.  I used CI Paints to alter the paper to give it some shimmer. Along with altering the paper I added some paper flowers to the letter "A" which were originally white.  Aren't they shimmery?!


 I also made this pretty card for my Grandma's birthday!  I used Tutu Pink, Light Purple and Pink Highlights.  Around the main image I used my doily lace punch to go around it and covered the cardstock with Light Purple to add some shimmer!

Okay, now this was one of my last minute crazy idea!  But this is my last piece of inspiration for today, sorry if I overwhelmed you!  I had taken a picture of some roses from my garden the other day to share on my blog for Breast Cancer Awareness month. 
 As I was uploading it onto my blog, I thought, okay we've been altering paper flowers with these paints, what about real ones!!

So I tried it...
I love the shimmer from these paints!  I actually painted "Peach" onto the rose with a paint brush, as my local Hobby Lobby didn't have any misters for me to spray it on. 

With weddings being on my mind as a good friend of mine is planning her wedding, I just thought how cool this could be to use the paints in this form as well!  They could be used on fake flowers you use in bouquets you have around the house!  These paints would be perfect on those Christmas bouquets to add some shimmer for the holidays!

I thought it was a neat idea!

Have a shimmery Monday and a great rest of the week!

Kendra

10 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

The candy corn is so cute embossed and painted...but the little roses in the tea cup are GORGEOUS!

Kassi said...

great job! I love the idea of painting real flowers! I would say I would go out and try that today, but cuz of the weather here, flowers are kinda past there prime..

byondbzr said...

Oooh, love the candy corn card!

Creative Inspirations said...

love the candy corn and card but the roses...that is cool. I am going to have to try that with poinsettias for Christmas.

BarbaraW said...

Lots of cool ideas. Painting the roses...sounds like a scene from Alice in Wonderland. I'll have to try that too.

Karen Wilson said...

Wonderful projects!! The shimmer on the stamped image on the card is unreal! WOW!! PRETTY!

Jenn K said...

Lot's of great ideas here!

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are painting like Mad! Love your card, love your candy corn and fun idea to paint flowers. TFS

Chrissy D said...

Such beautiful creations. Love the candy corn and the roses! Great idea!

Kianel said...

very fun way to use the CI paints and those flowers are just amazing!
thanks for sharing!
love from France, Kianel.