Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yellow Crocus by Holly


My name is Holly and this is my first post as a member of the Creative Inspirations Paints Design Team. I'm very excited to be here with these wonderfully creative ladies!

For my first post, I decided to use a January flower called the crocus. Since I'm not much of a gardener, I had to look up pictures of crocus to see what colors the different varieties can bloom in. There are several yellow ones, so I painted my crocus with the Sunshine CI paint. Don't you just love the shimmer of these paints?? Ahhhhhhhhh....... it makes me smile to see this pretty yellow shimmery flower.

Here is a close-up so you can see the gorgeous shimmer:





Stamps: A Year of Flowers I (Flourishes)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Cardstock: White, Black
Creative Inspirations Paint: Sunshine
Other: Copic marker, ribbon (Michaels), oval punches (SU), frond punch (Martha Stewart)

11 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card and love the yellow gingham ribbon!

Creative Inspirations said...

What a nice card and look at the shimmer! I love the Crocus as it is one of the first signs that Spring is coming soon.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Stunning card! Love the white with the bright yellow! I love flowers!! Beautiful shimmer!

Katherine said...

Oh this is lovely!Hopping over to say Hello and HAPPY Thursday.
Hugs, Katherine

Traci S. said...

Welcome! What a beautiful card! You really can see the shimmer on those flowers! You will probably learn to love flowers with your paints!
The ribbon is a great accent!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Kassi said...

beautiful! great job!

Jenn K said...

So pretty! I am so looking forward to Spring!!

Dani said...

Very beautiful, Holly!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh LOVE this! So clean and simple!

Samantha said...

Gorgeous!

Kianel said...

such a terrific card! love the colors!
Love from France, Kianel.