Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Egg Inspired Gifties:)


Good morning!!  This week's challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint is "EGGS"...so, I thought I would get a few Easter gifties together.  I dug out a few of my inexpensive plastic eggs and decided to give them a facelift by jazzing them up with a few coats of paint.  The first thing I did was lightly sand them...this makes the paint adhere to the egg.  Then, I put on a coating of white acrylic paint...this was done to allow the true color of the paints I selected to shine...you know how bright most of the plastic eggs are.  Once the white paint was dry, I sponged Sapphire on one egg and Peach on the other. When this layer dried, I sponged on Aqua Marine (over the Sapphire) and Rose Quartz (over the Peach). As the eggs were drying, I started working on the cards.


I kept the layouts for both cards VERY simple. Keeping them simple makes it much easier to make quite a few in a short period of time. For the card above, I used Aqua Marine (birdie), Tanzanite (light blue around music notes), Rose Quartz (polka dots on birdie's wing) and Sunshine (around flourishes and the tiny hearts). I love all the sparkle on this card...and since it is going to a little girl, I think she will get a kick out of the sparkle too:)


Now that the eggs were dry, I gathered up some yummy Easter candy and threw them into the freshly painted eggs. Then, I simply threaded grosgrain ribbon through a rhinestone ribbon slide and tied it in a knot. Doing this makes it much easier for the recipient to get to the candy quickly:)


Above is another super, simple card. This sweet image was painted with Rose Quartz (blossom and dots in the butterfly), Sunshine (flourishes and center of the blossom), Aqua Marine (butterfly), Mint, Buttercup and Plum (dots in butterfly). I do hope these are enjoyed! If nothing else, it comes with candy, right? I know one thing, I will definitely be painting more plastic eggs with these awesome paints!! I think they made these eggs look glamorous!!! A huge difference from the eggs I brought home from Wally World...and I got 6 eggs for .97! Sure can't wait until they clearance these out;)

Thank you for dropping by, and don't forget to show us your lovely egg inspired creations in this week's challenge. Have a wonderfully blessed week!!!

HUGS!!
Carolyn

8 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my goodness. Carolyn, your eggs turned out GORGEOUS and your cards are so very sweet!!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

BEAUTIFUL cards and eggs!! Just the other day I was thinking up trying the paints on the eggs, but haven't had time, yours turned out beautiful! I'll have to remember that for next year!

Kassi said...

I absolutely adore it! What a fabulous gift!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your cards and eggs are beautiful. How unique to paint eggs. They sparkle so pretty, don't they? Your cards are so pretty too--love those colours.

Sarah said...

Carolyn, what an adorable gift! Love how you tied those bows. Hugs, Sarah

BarbaraW said...

You made the ordinary into extraordinary with just a bit of CI paints, Brilliant idea to color the eggs. The cards go along so well. Great project.

Kianel said...

What a beautiful way to wish a cared one Happy Easter! your card is a treat!
Love from France, Kianel.

Holly said...

Cute cute cute!!! LOVE the colored eggs and the ribbon around them!