Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sponges

Good morning fellow crafty friends!  Hope you had a nice weekend!

SPONGES!!

You're probably wondering why in the world I have kitchen sponges! ;)

Well recently I was shopping and needed to pick some sponges up, well as my mind is always thinking crafty thoughts, as I picked them up I thought it would be fun to buy some extras to use with CI's shimmery paints!!

I found, that I really like the pink one the best!


I started by using a paint brush to add the paint color of my choice, in the this case Tutu Pink, to the sponge.

I also did a test sample using Sunshine:
I didn't realize I didn't have any bigger paint brushes as the kids recently use them and I through them out as they had gotten really bad - so just a note you may want to use a bigger brush, so you can put more on at a time.

How fun is that?! 

Another sample using Burgundy:
You could make your own SHIMMERY backgrounds with these cheap sponges!!

Here's a sample using the yellow sponge:

------------------------------

For my card I created I used a piece of patterned paper and then used the pink sponge and Tutu Pink:

I just love the look!

The entire card:
I also used Deliquesce Fine Black Embossing Powder on the stamped swirls around the sentiment.

------------------------------

Here's another card using the sponges as well:

I used both Light Purple and Amethyst to add shimmer!
------------------------------

I also have one more card I would like to share:

I used VersaMark to stamp a fun background stamp on the cross and then used Deliquesce Fine Clear Embossing Powder.  Lastly, I wanted Pink Highlights on the entire cross to give it some shimmer!

Have a great week!!

Kendra

7 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Wow Kendra, what a great idea!

Dawnll said...

Such a fun technique Kendra, these turned out so pretty

Sandie said...

Kendra, this is adorable love the cards and the technique will be something I'll try out for sure...

Colleen Dietrich said...

The sponging makes the paper look marbled, Kendra! It's a great idea. THanks for sharing it!

Shanna Shands said...

This is a great technique!

BarbaraW said...

Love your post, it's full of great ideas. I love sponging with CI also. I usually dip a sea sponge in the paint lid.

Kianel said...

Wonderful idea and what a texture!
Well done and will try this like immediately!
love from France, Kianel.