Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

charming shells...

Hello my fabulous friends!

For those of you who visit my personal blog, this is not new, but I wanted to share it here for all of my CI fans who want to hold on to every last bit of summer they can!

While we were at the beach, I made sure to pick up some teeny tiny shells for the "just in case", and this just happened to fit the bill! A custom charm to remember a fun filled day!

I started out with one of Tim Holtz charms.

I die cut a circle out of white cardstock as my base and used Glossy Accents to glue it to the inside of the charm. I then covered that with some more GA and sprinkled on some beach sand. 

After that had dried, I glued on my cute little shells with more GA and let that dry.

I then covered it with Creative Inspirations Resinesense, and put it under my UV light for 30 minutes to cure. 

Since the one shell was so tall, I ended up doing a second layer of Resinesense. When covering a charm with resin, it is better to build layers than to do  one thick layer. 

Normally when you work with resins, bubbles are considered a bad thing... however, with this particular piece, I thought the bubbles added to it, so I didn't discourage them. I think it adds character :) 


Enjoy!


Supplies Used
Paper: Bazzill, My Minds Eye, card stock
Ink: Distress ink, Memento, Sharpie
Stamps: Unity "Vintage Handwritten", "Tiny Vintage Banners" & "Love in Return"
Silhouette: Honeycomb Background
Die: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Resinesense
Other: Basic Grey Alpha Stickers, Tim Holtz charm, sand, shells, brads, string 





5 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Very cute idea, and I love the bubbles in it too! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and what a fun idea!!

DIANA L. said...

I noticed the bubbles right away because I try so hard not to get them, You are right they are perfect in this piece they look intentional.
I love it Kassi

Lagene said...

Very COOL!

Emily D. said...

The charm is so pretty! I should do this with some of my tiny shells from our trips to the Lakes.