Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Let Your Dreams Fly - Art Journal Page

Hello my creative friends! Today I have a journal page I quickly made using a wooden dragonfly, oil pastels, watercolor crayons and lots of Creative Inspirations Paint and some Jeweled Inspirations. To be honest, I have been out of town all weekend, so I created this on the road. I made sure to pack up my CI Paints and some other coloring tools along with my art journals. This isn't my best, but it works. 


I was really going for a pond with a dragonfly flying overhead. We often see lavender/purple flowers (which I really think are weeds) near ponds where we live. I wanted to include them on my page for more color. 

In my grassy parts I used Sage, Green Olive and Evergreen paints. Sapphire, Turquoise and Tanzanite were used on the water, while Beige was used on the sand/dirt around the pond. All of the paints mixed in the various areas add a wonderful shimmer to the entire page. 


My dragonfly is a wooden one that was made by Genuinely Jane Studios for a Missouri LSS in the Columbia area. I covered it in tissue tape and colored it with Rose Quartz and Tickled Pink on the wings and some more Turquoise and Green Olive on the body. It really shimmers in the light. I love it! 


My flowers have Clear Jeweled Inspirations for the centers with some Lavender paint accented petals. 

I will probably work on some more pages tonight using some other colors of CI Paints.   I can't wait to play some more! 

Once we are back in Missouri this week and not on the road I will get more regular play time in and not just in a journal. 

See you soon! 


5 comments:

Kassi said...

I love the mixed medias! What a fun combo! I think it turned out fabulous!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful and creative!

DIANA L. said...

How fun what a great art journal page.
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Shea said...

You did this on the road?!?? Wow! It's gorgeous! Especially love that dragonfly!

Emily D. said...

Thanks ladies!!