Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Time 4 Art - A wooden ATC

I don't know about you all, but I personally believe that there should be a specific time of day where we all get time to create. :) I think there should be a time of day designated for art. Let's make it a requirement! Wouldn't that be fun? I would love to know that I could get that time in every day. Unfortunately, this is not the case, but hey, I can dream, right? :) 

Since that won't happen, I can still use what little time I have to make time related projects such as the one I have to share with you today. Using a piece of wood for my canvas, and some Creative Inspirations Paints, I made this wooden ATC. At least that is what I am calling it. :) 


I first primed the wood piece with gesso, and then stamped over it with a number stamp by Tim Holtz. Beige and Autumn Wheat paints were used to paint over the stamped image. Since CI Paints are transparent, you can still see the stamp beneath the paints. You can create some great backgrounds this way. 


The frame in the center is an older Making Memories frame given to me by my friend Susan for this project. (We were creating together.) It didn't look right clear, so I colored it using Burnt Sienna before adhering it over an old book page piece I stamped the clock on. 


To finish the wood card, I added a bit more stamping and some edging using a pen. The paints look great on so many different surfaces. That's one of the best things about CI Paints. You can get two completely separate looks depending on whether you prime the surface or not. The sky is the limit! 

I am definitely going to try this same stamping and then painting over with CI Paints on unprimed wood next. Don't worry, I will share with you 

Hope you have a wonderful day! 


4 comments:

Shea said...

Love this, Em! All the different layers both under and on top of the paints! Thanks for sharing!

Kassi said...

fabulous art! And I agree! We NEED daily art time! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty & creative!

Kimberly S said...

How fun this is Em, turned out great! I'm with you on the designated art time...some days there just aren't enough hours...lol hugs, Kimberly