Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blue Birthday Rose

Hello!

Shea here with Glitter and Bonbons to show you the little box that I made as a gift to my daughter for her birthday.  Her actual birthday was last Friday, but we are celebrating it with her brother and my mother this coming weekend.  She turned 25.  Yikes!  How did it happen that my baby is 25 years old?  There must be some mistake...


I do call her my sweet baby girl.

The box is a cut file from the Silhouette store and is quite fun to put together.  I wish I had taken pictures before I put it together, but suffice it to say that there's more to it than just a lid that comes off.


I love the paper.  It's double-sided so the box looks as good inside as it does outside.


The real fun began with the embellishment.  I made a large rose using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and painted it with CI Paints Sea Foam.  Then, because I believe in gilding the lily, I dusted it with Resplendence Angel Dust.  It is my favorite glitter EVER.  Just look at that sparkle and shine!

Underneath the flower I used a die cut doily that I painted with Ivory and Autumn Wheat then layered ribbon and pearl string on top. 


I added a little charm that I made using a bezel, digital paper and CI's one-step resin, Resinesence.

And that is my charming little box that's holding, yes, a cute little Swarovski charm!  The charm box fits perfectly inside.

Thank you for joining me and I hope you'll hop on over to the CI Paints blog and play along on this fortnight's challenge Inspired By: Anything Goes.



Happy crafting!

5 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOW, ist das schön gemacht
lg gertrude

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love all the shimmer!!

Julie Odil said...

Beautiful! she will LOVE this!

Liz said...

Wow just beautiful!

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful gift...lots of shimmer and glitter. :) hugs, Kimberly