Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rainy Day Girl

I recently was at a local scrapbooking store that I will be teaching at this month, and the owner, Bridget gave me some fun goodies to play, including some great vintage images printed on transparency film. One of the sheets were these little girls, which I now call my rainy day girls. :) 


CI Paints are perfect for coloring theimages. In order to color them, I flipped them over and colored the reverse side. After I colored the areas I wanted colored, I used a fixative to seal the colors on the transparency so they wouldn't smear when adhering or adding more color. 


The umbrella was colored with Garnet and I used Canary on the girl's dress, after I first used a Faber-Castell Big Brush marker in yellow on it. The Canary added lighter highlights to the dress for a more realistic look. 



The rest of the colors were either Faber-Castell Gelato's or Big Brush Pen's. The ribbon I chose was not as bright as I wanted, so I used more Canary paint on it. It pulled the yellow in the dress out more. 


I felt like the red cardstock I used to frame the transparency and base of the card needed a little more, so I used some Garnet on the edges. The jewels are Siam Jeweled Inspirations. I am completely addicted to the Jeweled Inspirations... did you know they already have adhesive on the backs of them? All it takes is some added heat, which I do with my heat gun, and they are adhered! Just make sure to hold them down with something... I use a pencil, tweezers or handle of a paint brush. 

Siam Jeweled Inspirations

Be sure to join in the Inspired By: Autumn Colors challenge hosted by the fabulous Diana! We love to see all of your wonderful creations! 

Have a great day! 


6 comments:

simply monica said...

This is gorgeous

Shea said...

Oh Emily, this is so sweet! Love the image and the way you painted it!

Kassi said...

That is beautiful! I love the paint behind the transparency!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!

Kimberly S said...

What a pretty card Em, and such a sweet image too! :) hugs, Kimberly

Julie Odil said...

She is soooooo sweet!