Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Shimmery Fall Leaf

Hello!

Shea here with Glitter and Bonbons to show you my non-traditional Thanksgiving card.  This seems to be the year for non-traditional colors as I've made some Christmas cards recently using different colors as well.  I just find that sometimes I want to shake things up a bit.  Besides, my garden really does have all of these colors in it in autumn!

How's that for some in-your-face color?  I used spray inks on watercolor paper, and they never fail to wow me with their vivid shades.  And they're perfect for complementing with a little glitz and shimmer.  I die cut the leaf then painted it with four shades of CI Paints - Gold, Burnt Clay, Evergreen and Autumn Wheat.



After the paint had dried I misted the leaf with water and scrunched it up to distress it a bit, then placed it on a bit of ribbon netting.  A greeting, some ribbon and a couple of small stick pins complete the arrangement.

I embossed the edges of the card and sentiment panel with Deliquesce Gilded Gold.  I also sprinkled a little bit of it over the sentiment and heated it from underneath for a slightly different look.

Some gold leaf lines in opposing corners complete my non-traditional Thanksgiving card.  Thank you for joining me and please pop over to the current CI Paints challenge Inspired By: Autumn Colors.

Happy crafting!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love it!!

Kimberly S said...

What a happy card in those bold tones Shea, and beautiful job on the leaf! :) hugs, Kimberly

Kassi said...

very bright and happy! I love the embossed edges! I haven't done that in ages... thanks for reminding me of that little technique!

Julie Odil said...

I absolutely LOVE this!

Emily D. said...

This is so fantastic Shea!!! I love the bright colors!!!